Mythbusters - Failure is Always an Option…
Who are the Mythbusters?
And don’t for forget Buster
This crack team of special effects masters don’t just tell the myths they put them to the test. The team try to find any truth in myths, often these are trying to see if a stunt in a movie or on internet can be achieved.
“That’s Why We Can’t Have Anything Nice.”
Most of the episodes involve destroying cars, blowing stuff up (with an array of substances) and trying to find out what’s bulletproof (excessive gun/cannon use).
My favourite Mythbusters episodes include:
- Can an airplane toilet create enough suction to cause a person to become stuck on it?
- Can a can of biscuit dough explode in a hot car?
- Can a person throw himself through a skyscraper window?
- Was it possible to survive an escape from Alcatraz?
- Does a duck’s quack echo?
- Does the government implant secret chips in people and can stud finders be used to find them?
Duct Tape Hour
- Is it possible to lift a car using nothing but duct tape?
- Will duct tape plug holes in the bottom of boats and can you create a working sail-boat out of it?
- Is it possible to build a working cannon using duct tape?
Duct Tape Plane
- Adam and Jamie test three viral videos featuring extraordinary excavators - can they row a barge, take you wakeboarding, and do acrobatics?
- Kari, Grant, and Tory patch up a plane that’s had an unfortunate encounter with a bear (actually, Kari wearing a pair of metal claws)- using only duct tape.
Duct Tape Island
- Can a pallet of duct tape help you survive on a deserted island?
- Fire vs. Ice
- Can a fire extinguisher hold off a flamethrower?
- Can a fleet of cars kick up enough dust to blind a surveillance drone?
- Mini Myth Madness
- Can a scuba diver wear a tuxedo underneath his drysuit, go underwater, resurface, strip off his scuba gear, and be able to present the tuxedo perfectly?
- Can a car’s tire pressure affect its fuel efficiency?
- Can a laptop stop a bullet from point-blank range?
- Can a hair weave stop a .40 caliber bullet?
- Can a fridge door stop a round of 9mm bullets?
- Out of using your elbow, using your hand, and using a handkerchief to cover your mouth when you sneeze, which is the best way to limit the spread of germs?
- Is it easy to take candy from a baby?
- Can a bottle of beer, when given a sudden shock, turn from a liquid and freeze into a solid?
I can’t wait for the next season to be available on Netflix